Tuesday 24 June 2008

Treat 'Em Green, Keep 'Em Keen

There's something about this idea that doesn't quite seem to sit right in my mind, but I'm not sure I can pinpoint exactly what it is. Maybe you can?

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Luff, William"
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 17:44:03 +0100
Subject: Sigur Ros & Bjork - Live in Iceland this weekend

Hi all,

For those of you not braving Glastonbury I bring news of a very special concert this weekend in Reykjavik. Bjork and Sigur Ros are teaming up to headline an outdoor gig in aid of environmental awareness, highlighting the rapid acceleration of Iceland's heavy industry and the detrimental effect this is having on the unparalleled beauty of the Icelandic landscape.

Icelandair have very kindly agreed to provide flights and hotels for journalists keen to cover the concert. It takes place on Saturday 28th June. Let me know if you are interested in attending - and writing about the event! - or sending someone to cover it for you, and I'll make arrangements.

I'd need confirmations by Weds morning latest - but the earlier the better really.

All the best
William

William Luff, Head Of Press
EMI Records, 43 Brook Green, London W6 7EF

No comments: