Wednesday 27 February 2008

"One Is Too Many And A Thousand Isn't Enough"

I once read an interview with a post-rehab Eric Clapton where he talked about his attitude to drinking. "The idea of one drink for me is fascinating and fantastic," he said. "But it is also an impossibility because one is too many and a thousand isn't enough..."

I thought of his phrase when I read this. Only I changed it slightly to read "The idea of one Clare Teal gig for me is fascinating. But it is also an impossibility, because one is too many and a thousand is even more too many..."


------ Forwarded Message
From: Republic Media
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:20:09 -0000
Subject: Clare Teal to Perform 1000th Gig

Clare Teal to Perform 1000th Gig

On March 4th Clare Teal will be performing at the BLAHBLAHBLAH, a gig that will see Clare reaching a personal milestone of 1000 gigs.

Now an acclaimed BLAHBLAHBLAH. "My suggested name was Anorak but I was out-voted!" BLAHBLAHBLAH

Winner of numerous awards including BLAHBLAHBLAH that Britain has produced. February has seen the release of Clare’s new, and eighth, album BLAHBLAHBLAH. "You feel she’s never going to make a mistake”. Currently on tour promoting BLAHBLAHBLAH. "We'll certainly be raising a glass at BLAHBLAHBLAH!"

No comments: