Thursday 6 March 2008

"Yo yo yo homie"
*shoots self*

This has just arrived. If ever I was likely to actually play a Kingsize Five record this single round-robin mailout has killed that thought stone dead. How could anyone have any interest left after ploughing through this ho-hum shrug-fest? The phrase, "Looking forward to seeing something a bit different personally" makes me want to throw myself out of a window.

------ Forwarded Message
From: impressivepr.com
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:24:00 -0000
Subject: The smashing Kingsize Five at Water Rats next Thurs

Yo yo yo homie.

I’ve got a good ‘un coming up next week. They may not be the Foal-esque buzz band of tomorrow but they are something a bit snazzier; they’re exciting, fresh and well, pretty good. Looking forward to seeing something a bit different personally.

They’re called The Kingsize Five - you had the single a couple of weeks back. Bit of a mix of ‘50s rock ‘n’ roll, punk and blues. Their story includes BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH. They even share BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH! In other words, a talented little posse who’ve BLAHBLAHBLAH something feisty.

Really fun and vivacious and different – fancy checking them out with me and some bottles of beer? Be nice to see you and have a drink.

Trivia, it takes 17 mins to sing 99 bottles of beer. I did it on holiday once.

Let me know,
------ End of Forwarded Message

No comments: