Wednesday 5 March 2008

The Squared Off Root Of Unpleasantness

A reader has just forwarded me this. They write: "He wasn't even a real member of The Ramones and, even if he was why would anyone in the world want to have anything to do with his line of condoms? I literally shrieked with displeasure when this arrived in my inbox - the idea of 51 year old "Marky Ramone" talking to me about condoms is just too much to bear..."

--------Forwarded Message
From: raindance.co.uk
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:45:26 +0000
Subject: Marky Ramone Party

Hi ***

My name is ***** and I produce London's Raindance Film Festival. Marky Ramone, who is on our advisory committee, is in town on the 12th March to DJ a fashion party at the Hilton Hotel, Park Lane from 7-10pm. He's asked me to invite some people down who may be interested in the event and what he is up to. He's releasing a new line of condoms and has all sorts of other projects you might find press worthy. He's keen for interviews etc so let me know if you'd like to meet up with him and/or attend the party and I'll see when he is available.

Cheers,

-*****-

No comments: